Thursday 28 June 2012

DANCE WITH ME



Dance with me
Together let's paddle our feet
Through the waters of adolescent ripening

Let us taste of the bliss they profess
Our powdered faces will eclipse us
When time's winged chariot arrives



Our legs will shuffle to ancestral rhythms
The maids our steps will honour
Come, let's play the game of growing years

The voice of my heart declines
For my feet shall falter in a dance of shame
I will listen
I will listen
To the censor of my conscience
To Ma's pouted lips of wisdom

And when I dance
My trinklets will jingle to virgin beats
Bangles will dangle on my bridal wrist
Freelance bodies will step in tune
Heads in concord will hop and move

I will dance
I will dance
To the chaste drum of morning dew
To the ritual red on my marital sheet
To the pure proof of Temi's pride

No comments:

Post a Comment