Thursday 14 June 2012

MY CRUSH DIED!!!




 I tossed and turned on my bed in a semi-conscious kinda state. Yea, I could hear the dogs barking from somewhere that seemed farther than my window. I jumped up when my brain registered it was Thursday, the one day that I had to get to work early. My eyes flew to my phone and you guessed right, I was freaking late! I thought of all the important things I had to do before my program airs by 12pm and am like shit! It was one of those days with a bad start.


Let me back-track a little, I work temporarily in a broadcasting corporation. Temporary means am not a regular staff so I can chose to be there anytime I wish. Don’t we all love that kinda job? On Thursdays however, I host a program at noon so come rain, sunshine or even hell (I use that loosely), I must be available. When I started there some months ago, the place seemed so wacky, archaic people, young wannabes, I mean there should be a code of conduct for razz people -don’t try as hard as Funke Akindele, sorry, I mean jenifa- to be ushered into civilized society. So I was there wondering how I will cope for the next few months when this guy walks into the admin dept. Hey ladies, remember our TDH anthem and how we never seem to meet that guy? This guy is the real deal but there is even a bonus. When he smiled, the butterflies were not in my stomach, it was a buzz in my ears that filled my senses with what? I really don’t know but it was a darn good feeling. I mean this guy freaking had dimples! It’s a big turn on for me. Next day am at work and I discover he is also in television department but the news section, it doesn’t matter though, at least he is near enough to see every day. Besides, he was totally checking me out the previous day so I figured it won’t be long before we hit it off. So I thought!

Back to the present, am late for my show, my guest is late, my producer is absent, I can’t find my prepared questions. I still manage to produce a reasonable episode (am a natural so what do you expect) though. On my way out of the studio I meet TDH and we say hello to each other. To my frustration we never get past the obligatory greeting and it’s been 2 months since that scene at admin. You know when you like someone so much and they are oblivious to your existence? Well, I now abhorred a kinda dislike for TDH. So am walking out and someone is calling my name and tada! It’s TDH! He declares his dislike for me and I assure him it’s a mutual feeling. He wants me to meet his friend who wants to chat and have my no. Of course I forgot the “I don’t give my no to strangers creed”. TDH was gisting with me! We decide to try being friends and the first jawbreaker is that he is totally out of sync with his utterances, a terrible conversationalist. He is one of those guys who like holding a girl’s hands which was awesome for about 3mins. Turns out he has a serious case of hyperhidrosis. He was also able to let me know that he graduated from a university where the fees are exorbitant, was driving his third car and the polytechnic students on IT in the corporation all wanted to date him. The information was released in the approximately 10mins we spent chatting in a bid to deny the accusation that he is proud.
I don’t have to tell you how disappointed I am tonight. I wasted 2 months of my time thinking about a guy we can’t even be friends. Or why will I want to endure his sweaty palms and conversational shortcoming only to lend my ears to his material achievements or bamboozling. This is the story of how I lost my crush to reality! Tonight am sleeping with a broken heart. Ouch!

9 comments:

  1. Atleast your crush wasn't gay that happened to me some months ago but on the plus side I found out a week later when I made my move(you know I am impatient about things like this)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gay huh? D idea of muscle and muscle...Ewwwwwww

      Delete
  2. i said to myself how can i have a CRUSH! i said to myself but at last it happen and i know you will get it now, i said i had one when i was in high school with one four eyes girl now a lady. By the way it didn't lead to death but i made a fool of my childish lust for her flesh. let me stop here.later! call me prolific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PROLIFIC indeed. Av always thot derez a thing line btw crush n luv. U cant control who u crush on but u can control how 2 react. Lol at u 4 making a fool of urself. Tongue out

      Delete
  3. my crush thinks am old.
    she's young and pretty,
    shapely and blessed!
    but this age thing kills me!
    cos l dont think it should cost me,
    good friends that l need to make,
    but anyway, l love her and,
    my mind tells me she knows!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course crushes are loved until deir crush tenure expires. Maybe she knows that and is treading softly. If she knows she's probably trying to decipher what to make of it. My own crush turned 2 dislike rememba?

      Delete
    2. But friends are forever! My crush is good!! Dont kill it please!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Crush... Sweet while it last. It either births sweet romance or terrible heartbreak. I am currently nursing a crush...and i don't know where it would lead me... just enjoying the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its jst funny dt d writer of dis article is my crush, oga O°˚˚˚° , let's see how it goes

    ReplyDelete